Thursday, May 31, 2012

Alternatives to Wedding Cake

So I'm one of those goof balls who doesn't like cake..I know, un-American, right? Ok - so it's not so much that I don't like cake - I don't like icing.  Naturally, when it came to deciding on a wedding cake I said absolutely not!  If you're like me, and prefer to go against the grain then you have come to the right spot!  Below are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing and toss out the boring wedding cake!

  • S'mores - stay tuned for a blog post detailing how you can make your very own s'mores bar!
  • Candy bar complete with your favorite goodies, or coordinate the colors to match your wedding
  • Cookies and milk
  • Cupcakes
  • Ice cream cake
  • Cake pops
  • Snack packs! Who doesn't love pudding!?
  • Cookie cakes - my favorite!
  • Little Debbie / Hostess snacks
  • Donuts
  • Chocolate fountain with all the fixins'
  • Build your own ice cream sundae, complete with all the fun toppings!
  • Cheesecake
  • Sno-cones
  • Build your own fruit parfait
  • Rice Krispy treats
  • Caramel apples
  • Fruit pizza
  • Pies - so many varieties! 
  • Arrange for the ice cream man to arrive at your venue and let everyone pick their favorite!
After making this list I want to take over someone's wedding so I can try all of these ideas! How fun! Who says a wedding cake is necessary? To hell with tradition, it's your day..pick your favorite dessert!

Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla

No comments:

Post a Comment