Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Destination I Do Magazine Blog

It's time to give credit where credit is due.  This blog will give kudos to a successful blog in the destination wedding niche.  Not only will I give praises to the women who paved the way, but I will do some analysis of the blog to give you an idea of what can be found on the site.

The blog can be found at http://www.destinationidomagblog.com/.  The blog is from the editors of Destination I Do Magazine.  According to their website, the blog was started to "be a helpful tool in creating the spectacular destination wedding, honeymoon or romantic getaway you've been dreaming of."

The content is of course related to the wedding industry, with a strong focus on destination weddings.  Some topics include, bachelorette parties, bridal shoes and jewelry, destination wedding etiquette, honeymoon and destination giveaways, and much more.

The majority of posts I've read have been written by Kelly Ryan, one of multiple contributors for the Destination I Do blog.  Kelly seems to write in a more journalistic tone versus a conversationalist tone, unlike some of the other bloggers.

Incredibly, you can find daily posts on the blog.

There does not seem to be a lot of interaction between the readers.  Comments are at a minimum, if any at all.  However, readers do tend to utilize social media to share the posts relating to honeymoon and destination wedding giveaways.  One blog post titled, "Win a Dream Military Wedding While Helping Charity" had 1 re-tweet and 13 shares via Facebook.

Overall, this blog can be an excellent resource for brides! I highly recommend you check it out!

Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla

No comments:

Post a Comment