So there is this funky little place online, you may have heard of it - Etsy, otherwise known as the world's handmade marketplace. Where all crafty people can unite - or at least the crafty people can do the selling, and the rest of us can do the buying.
Etsy's mission is to, "empower people to change the way the global economy works. We see a world in which very-very small businessess have much-much more sway in shaping the economy, local living economies are thriving everywhere, and people value authorship and provenance as much as price and convenience. We are bringing heart to commerce and making the world more fair, more sustainable, and more fun."
Pretty neat stuff, right? As I mentioned in an earlier post I purchased a return address stamp from a seller on Etsy and could not have been more pleased with the product. I also purchased one of those cutesy personalized hangers, unfortunately the seller is no longer is business - but lucky for you there are plenty of other sellers offering the same product. Instead of having Mrs. Smith - I opted to just have Bride. Only because I knew the only time I would use the hanger is so I could hang the dress up at the resort and get cutesy pictures with it. Beyond that, I had absolutely no use for the hanger (they are not the most durable things). So being the frugal bride that I am, I turned around and sold the hanger to another bride. Cha-ching! Totally made my money back!
Any Etsy sellers you can't get enough of?
Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla
No comments:
Post a Comment