Today you will not find wedding planning advice, or any do-it-yourself tutorials, instead I will be reviewing a post found in another blog. This particular blog was one of my favorites throughout the planning process, and I could always count on the site to lift my spirits, or bring me back down to planet Earth.
The blog I am referring to, is of course, Offbeat Bride - a blog who urges you to "Altar Your Thinking." The title of the blog post I will be reviewing is, "The unplugged wedding: couples tell guests to put down their devices." The author, Ariel Meadow Stallings also happens to be the inventor, creator, wedding extraordinaire behind the Offbeat Bride.
As you probably could have guessed, the post discusses the complications that can come with guests glued to their mobile phones. I like that Ariel discussed both ends of the spectrum and was not suggesting brides simply do as she said. She made it clear to readers that she understands technology can be helpful for those brides on a budget, and that it is ultimately up to the bride and groom to decide how they wish to handle the new tech-crazy generation.
I think there are pros and cons to banning devices from your wedding. One on hand, I could see why brides would be anti-technology because I do have wedding photos where each one of my guests is holding up their phone or camera to take a picture of us. I also had amateur photographers at my wedding who seemed to interfere with the photographer that we paid to shoot our wedding. But, on the other hand, our guests and the amateur photographers both captured some really great moments that our photographers missed, or weren't able to capture because of the multiple flashes. We also have been guilty of using our phones at other people's wedding so it would be hard to tell our guests to put them away.
Ultimately, it's your day and guests should respect your wishes, whatever they may be!
Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla
The blog I am referring to, is of course, Offbeat Bride - a blog who urges you to "Altar Your Thinking." The title of the blog post I will be reviewing is, "The unplugged wedding: couples tell guests to put down their devices." The author, Ariel Meadow Stallings also happens to be the inventor, creator, wedding extraordinaire behind the Offbeat Bride.
As you probably could have guessed, the post discusses the complications that can come with guests glued to their mobile phones. I like that Ariel discussed both ends of the spectrum and was not suggesting brides simply do as she said. She made it clear to readers that she understands technology can be helpful for those brides on a budget, and that it is ultimately up to the bride and groom to decide how they wish to handle the new tech-crazy generation.
I think there are pros and cons to banning devices from your wedding. One on hand, I could see why brides would be anti-technology because I do have wedding photos where each one of my guests is holding up their phone or camera to take a picture of us. I also had amateur photographers at my wedding who seemed to interfere with the photographer that we paid to shoot our wedding. But, on the other hand, our guests and the amateur photographers both captured some really great moments that our photographers missed, or weren't able to capture because of the multiple flashes. We also have been guilty of using our phones at other people's wedding so it would be hard to tell our guests to put them away.
Ultimately, it's your day and guests should respect your wishes, whatever they may be!
Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla
No comments:
Post a Comment