Public Service Announcement: If I ever become self-absorbed I give each and every one of you permission to slap me!
I'm a firm believer in paying it forward and helping those in need, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. I wanted my wedding day to be no different.
When it came time to decide on wedding favors, I found a million ideas. Most of them were knick-knacks personalized with your names and wedding dates, or some sort of DIY project. I figured my guests would appreciate something practical versus a coaster with our names on it that would probably get tossed in a junk drawer anyway...so I was leaning towards making chocolate covered pretzels. Like most of my ideas, the pretzels only lasted a few days.
I finally made the decision to make a donation to charity in lieu of a traditional favor. It was a win-win for me. I wasn't throwing away money on a favor that (a) my guests could care less about or (b) would forget to take anyway and more importantly (c) the money would be going to a cause I felt strongly about. --Check back for a post where I talk about the donations in lieu of favors!
Another way to pay it forward is to donate any leftovers from your reception. Your caterer will typically ask you what you would like to do with any extra food. I asked that my caterer donate any leftovers to the local food bank.
Another great opportunity to pay it forward is donating your floral arrangements to local hospitals or nursing homes.
How awesome to be able to share your joy with a stranger! Just makes me warm and fuzzy inside!!! :-)
Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla
No comments:
Post a Comment