Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wedding Jams

The traditional "Bridal Chorus" better known as Here Comes the Bride dates back to the 1850's.  We have definitely come a long way but one thing is for sure, music and weddings go hand in hand.
"Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." -Robert G. Ingersoll 
Music speaks to me, so much so that both of my tattoos reference song lyrics.  Needless to say, music was extremely important for my big day.  Like most of my wedding projects, I spent a lot of time "researching".  I had to make sure the lyrics were just right.  I cried the minute I heard each one of my songs played..I'd say I made the right choices.  :-)

Here are the songs I picked for our special day:

Prelude - played as guests are being seated
Zac Brown Band - Free
The instrumentals fit our beach wedding, and of course the lyrics...
"We'll end up hand in hand, somewhere down on the sand, just me and you..."


Bridal Entrance - obviously, played as I walked down the aisle
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
The girl can SANG, not sing..she's better than that.  Her voice gives me chills!  Again, she got me with the lyrics...
"One step closer...I have died everyday waiting for you, Darlin' don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more"

Sand Ceremony (or unity candle)
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

Postlude - played as guests leave
Jack Johnson - Better Together


First Dance
Blake Shelton - God Gave Me You (total tear-jerker!)

Having a hard time picking out your wedding songs? Head on over to Project Wedding they have done an AMAZING job of cataloging music based on the song you need.

Happy Planning,
Anti-Bridezilla


No comments:

Post a Comment